Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What is 'natural'?

So I just finished watching a documentary for class called Food, Inc. and it got me thinking. Us folks who don't put chemicals in our hair call ourselves 'natural' but what exactly does that mean? Honestly while pondering on this question I just got more questions rather than answers. Can we call ourselves natural if the food we put INto our systems is just as harmful as the creamy crack we used to put ON our hair? I would love to say I only eat organic food but the reality of it is that is not true. I am on a very tight budget (tuition is not cheap.) but I do try to make a conscious decision to watch what I eat. Our body is a temple. I challenge you all the not only think about what you put in your hair but what you put in your body. So weigh in: what does being natural mean to you? Does it just stop at hair? Some people say that going natural is a lifestyle...I'd have to agree.
xoxo
2 Nappy Students

No comments:

Post a Comment